The Joe Rogan Experience is a audio and video conversation style podcast. It is hosted by american comedian, actor, and UFC commentator Joe Rogan. The podcast was launched in 2009. It now has over 1000 episodes and is one of the most popular podcasts in the world. Because of it's popularity it has been able to attract a number of high profile guests ranging from actors, comedians, scientists, athletes, journalists, intellectuals, and various other experts who have mastered their field of study. The podcast covers a wide range of subject matter and nothing is really off limits for discussion. The Joe Rogan Experience was voted best comedy podcast in 2012 and best overall podcast in 2014. In January of 2015 the podcast had been listened to by over 11 million people, by the end of that same year it had grown to acquire over 16 million downloads per month. It has now become one of the largest media platforms on the planet in terms of it's reach.
Things I Like About the Podcast:
- Has a very diverse set of guests on the show: comedians, hunters, scientists, philosophers, athletes, politicians, musicians, actors and everything in between.
- Is willing to give absolutely anyone who he finds interesting and thinks has a message that needs to be heard a platform.
- Has a fact checker (Jamie Vernon) in the studio during shows.
- With over a thousand podcasts under his belt Joe Rogan has become a master of conversation and can talk with pretty much anyone
- The audio quality is always top notch
- All of the episodes are long form conversations and that really allows the listener to get to know the guest.
- There are 2-4 episodes per week
- No topic is off limits
- This podcast is crammed full of good information on living a healthy lifestyle, getting your shit together, and just being an all around good human in general
- From this podcast alone I have discovered so many interesting individuals who I now follow and listen to their podcasts
Things That Aren't so Great About the Podcast:
- Joe Rogan can let his ego get in the way of certain conversations.
- He will give anyone a platform and some people seem to abuse this fact and really don't deserve it
- It is also a video podcast (personally I never watch podcasts) so if you are listening to just the audio you may become become lost in the conversation as they discuss some video they have just pulled up
- Joe Rogan interrupts, talks over, and sometimes seems to downright ignore people to read things that Jamie has pulled up onto the screen
- Sometimes they go off on random tangents and lose track of what they were orginally talking about or the point they were trying to make
- If you are a regular listener there can be a lot of repetition regarding certain facts and theories
A Little About the Host:
Joe Rogan is an american stand-up comedian, martial artist, as well as a colour commentator and interviewer for the UFC. He began his comedy career in 1988 and since then has released nine comedy specials. He began working for the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1997 and still does it to this day. Joe Rogan has appeared as an actor on television sitcoms such as Hardball and News Radio and has hosted T.V shows such as Fear Factor, The Man Show and Joe Rogan Questions Everything. Joe is a very strong addvicate for the legalization of marijuana and psychedelics as well as hunting, human optimization, and overall physical and mental well being. He has been described a number of times as the Oprah Winfrey for men.
Top 5 Recommended Episodes:
- #127 w/ Aubrey Marcus
- #877 w/ Jordan Peterson
- #975 w/ Sebastian Junger
- #1035 w/ Paul Stamets
- #1109 w/ Matthew Walker